27 December 2010

Sfârşitul e aici


Oare va mai fi un viitor pentru noi sau sfârşitul este aici... Uitarea este atât de puternică! Cetăţile nu numai că se prăbuşesc, dar se acoperă şi cu pământ, ca şi cum oamenii nu ar fi existat niciodată... Poate că pământul se igienizează astfel.

And now the end is near
And so I face the final curtain
My friend I'll say it clear
I'll state my case of which I'm certain

I've lived a life that's full
I traveled each and every highway
And more, much more than this
I did it my way

Regrets I've had a few
But then again too few to mention
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption

I planned each charted course
Each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this
I did it my way

Yes there were times I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew
But through it all when there was doubt
I ate it up and spit it out, I faced it all
And I stood tall and did it my way

I've loved, I've laughed and cried
I've had my fill, my share of losing
And now as tears subside
I find it all so amusing

To think I did all that
And may I say not in a shy way
Oh no, oh no, not me
I did it my way

For what is a man what has he got
If not himself then he has not
To say the things he truly feels
And not the words of one who kneels
The record shows I took the blows
And did it my way

Yes it was my way

Frank Sinatra - My way

No comments:

© Gheorghe Florescu, 2008 Acest site este un pamflet politic şi, uneori, cultural, trebuie deci tratat ca atare.